Monday, September 5, 2011

Gift Knitting time

It is Labor Day as I type this. Wow what happen to summer. It seems like it was just the 4th of July. Next stop is Christmas right? Oh well My completed knitting projects are gifts for special people in my life. And yes I have started my Christmas knitting. I have a timetable to get things done and I just hope that I can get all done.
At any rate now on to the projects. The first one is a Dr Who dishcloth. This one and another one will be for a dear friend of mine for his birthday. Making stuff for guys can be a challenge so the dishcloth idea is one that I like because they are nerdy in nature. This is the Dr Who logo. The yarn is Knit picks dishie and while it does not look it in the picture, this yarn really shows the stitch definition. I am so liking this yarn. Knit Picks is super.
Now onto my next completed item. This is Jerry the Monkey another one by Danger Crafts. The yarn is from Dancing Dog Dye Works. I bought the yarn because I wanted to try it. And at one point I had thought I would keep it but with Christmas looming and other projects that need to be make this little guy is going to a cousin of mine. A 6 year old little boy is gonna get him. I am so sure he will like him. Only issues I had was the sewing him together. I may make something else too but for now I have officially started my Christmas knitting. This yarn is really nice to work with too and I do have some leftover. So maybe a little monkey for me. I guess that is it for now. Have a great Labor Day and start that Christmas knitting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment